Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Trip No 2



So this last weekend Tim and I went on another short getaway. This time we went down to Virginia it was a bit of a long drive but it was definately worth it. We went down because it was his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and a large chunk of his family went there to celebrate.


On the way down we just happened to be driving right through Weston's mission so we decided to drop in and give him a little visit. It was awesome to see him and talk to him a little bit, he is doing so great in his new mission and I am happy for him to be having the kind of progress that he is. They have nine baptisms set up just for this transfer, it is crazy!



It is so crazy not seeing him, I feel like he has been gone for so long. In reality it has only been 13 months. It is so interesting to me how time goes by. When he left Tiffany was still pregnant with Emmitt and Sandra just found out she was pregnant. To me it seems like it has just been a blink of an eye, but Emmitt just had his first birthday and baby Jeff is crawling now. Then I think of Wes and can't believe it has only been 13 months. Its very interesting how the mind works. . . especially mine!


So, after spending about an hour with Wes and his companion (Elder Hansen) we set off for the second half of our long drive (about 7 hours total) and we promptly drove right into a huge storm. It was raining harder than I have ever experienced and the wind was blowing like crazy. Its a good thing I wasn't the one driving or I would have had a nervous breakdown! Thank goodness Tim can keep his head straight when I clearly could not have :). We ended up making it through the storm fine and made it safely to Virginia and to his family. We arrived there at about 2:30 in the morning and promptly went to sleep.


On Saturday we woke up and got to go see the Air and Space Museum, it was pretty cool. Tim's dad knows just about everything about that stuff and it was great going there with him to hear the things that he had to say. I love learning new things especially from someone that I know is very knowlagable about it.



So as we are walking through the museum somehow Tim and I started talking about if I was able to kick high enough to actually kick him in the face. Of course we both know that I can and he is just teasing me telling me that I can't so I decided to prove it to him. I stop him in the stairwell on our way down to the ground floor and kick my foot up high enough that he can see it is indeed possible and he proceeds to tell me that I wasn't even close. As we get to the ground level, I stop him again and showed him to which he gave me the same response so I stopped Kallie so she can be a witness. Well folks, the third time is a charm because on that third kick I actually kicked him straight in the mouth. I was so shocked that I couldn't stop laughing. I almost fell on the floor (yes that is my reaction when I am in shock, I know its weird). Kallie was laughing almost as hard as I was, I can only imagine what was going through the minds of any onlookers. Don't worry though, he still has all of his teeth and he only had a little fat lip for a minute. I however, could not keep my composure any time I looked at him for the next 20 minutes or so. As we walked out of the museum Ray turned to me and asked "Do you want to high kick anything else before we leave?" and the jokes kept going from there.


After we got back from the museum we had a nice dinner and a program for Tim's grandparents, it was really sweet they had a video and everything. We came back the next afternoon and had a pretty nice drive though we went through another storm in Pennsylvania I think it storms there all the time. . . It was nice to finally get home though and relax for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment