Friday, August 13, 2010

One down. . . three to go!

Tara and I officially apologize for the long lapse in our blog. Tara's been pretty busy with work and has been too tired when she gets home, and I've been in school from basically 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. everyday and then doing homework after that so I didn't have much of an opportunity either. Enough excuse making though, I'll get back to filling you in on what we've been up to. . . or, in the case of myself, I'll show you!






This is a business card and accompanying stationary with a personal logo that I designed in my graphics class using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. I was trying to give my logo a sporty look, I think it turned out great and I freaking love it. . . and I got an A on it!

Some of the other projects we had to do, included creating a poster for an actual non-profit event, redesigning a magazine spread and redesigning a current website. Using a combination of my passion for sports and my love for the Valley, I created some pretty awesome designs. For the non-profit organization, I designed a poster for an NFL Play 60 event in New York City.

For the magazine layout, I redesigned a spread that ran in the Cache Valley Magazine on Gary Wilkinson. I used photos from my friend and former Editor in Chief Patrick Oden and put it with my own story that I wrote about Gary and it turned out awesome as well.

Finally, for the Web site, which I just finished today, I redid the Cache Valley Humane Society site, cachehumane.org. The site they have now, is actually a big upgrade from what they used to have, but it's still a little helter skelter. I simplified it and made the animals the focus, and made accessing the animals easier. I had no idea it was so easy and fun to design Web sites, and definitely hope to use that skill again. Designing the website, I really learned a lot about Photoshop, so that was really helpful as well. Here is what I've been doing:












If you click on any of the images above, it will take you to a bigger image if you want a closer look! Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it Timmy! I am quite impressed with your designing skills. Are you in the right major? We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, thanks Chelsea. . . that's what's awesome about my major, it involves all of this stuff, but I'm definitely getting more of it here. We miss you guys too, glad you liked my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim!!! I love it! Are you sure you were not supposed to be a graphic artist? Tara must be rubbing her mad art skills off on you!

    ReplyDelete